Founded in 2005, APT is a faith-based group whose members belong to religious congregations or missionary societies.
Concerned about the growing reality of the worldwide trafficking of women and children for sexual exploitation, we wanted to explore ways of working together to prevent this evil.
APT welcomes collaborators and resource people who are willing to share its work on a short-term or long-term basis.
For further information email us: email@example.com
The Purpose of APT is twofold
- To raise awareness of the issue of trafficking in persons
- To work in collaboration with others for the prevention of the trafficking of women and children for sexual exploitation.
To achieve this purpose, APT does the following:
- Focuses on developing links with networks of religious in countries of origin of victims and countries of destination
- Networks with other similarly committed organisations and action groups, nationally and internationall
- Looks for ways to raise public awareness of the issue by offering presentations about human trafficking to schools, parishes and groups
- Lobbies politically for just and effective legislation
- Seeks ways to protect the rights of victims of trafficking
- Works with other groups to address the issue of demand for purchased sex, which fuels the trade in human trafficking
- Prays and encourages others to pray for those trafficked, for traffickers and for an end to this great violation of human rights.