JustFaith – Christians called to care for the earth
JustFaith is a programme devised by Trócaire, in cooperation with the Office of Evangelisation and Ecumenism in the Archdiocese of Dublin, for use in parishes and other local pastoral contexts.
Its key aims are to:
- Introduce young Catholics to a new way of thinking about our world; this new way of thinking will suggest to young people our interconnectedness, our interdependence, and our call to know and to love others as we are known and loved by God.
- Make connections that are life-giving and sustainable between a young person’s relationship with God and a young person’s relationship with others.
- Build up a young person’s capacity for real engagement for justice in our world; an engagement rooted in their own personal faith journey and that sees them reach out to others in love. (The focus in terms of the justice dimension of this campaign is centred on Trócaire’s ‘Climate Change Campaign: UP to US).
- Encourage the development of leadership qualities and skills in participants; skills which would be used in the local parish in terms of justice and peace issues in particular but also in terms of wider engagement around peer evangelisation.
- Provide young people with a positive experience of Church and community through their engagement with this programme.
JustFaith is completed over six sessions. In addition there is an optional Commissioning Ceremony that takes place in the parish.
Session 5 is an action moment that takes place in the Parish and wider community. The remaining sessions; 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 would take place at a suitable venue within the parish.
As the rationale above suggests, this is a parish based programme and would invite, at the end of the engagement, a follow on engagement within the parish and with Trócaire. Part of this follow on engagement would be the development of a short video on the group’s work during the programme.