Solas Bhríde – unfolding the legacy of St Brigid
A guided tour around the new Solas Bhríde Centre and hermitages in Kildare which will be officially opened and blessed as 2015 Feile Bhride begins.
This video features input from Sr Phil O’Shea and Sr Rita Minehan and shows Sr Mary Minehan bringing children from a local primary school around the centre. You can watch a video of that visit here –
The Mission of Solas Bhríde
Brigid of Kildare has left an inspiring legacy as:
– a spiritual leader,
– a peacemaker,
– a woman of the land,
– an advocate for the poor,
– a woman of legendary hospitality.
We seek to unfold this legacy and its relevance for our world by:
- Providing a place of welcome, tranquillity and peace where people can come and find nourishment for life’s journey
- Offering hospitality to people of all faiths and none
- Sharing and celebrating the story of Brigid in a life-giving, creative and challenging way
- Facilitating pilgrimages to Brigid’s sites. If groups are small, we can place the pilgrimage in context in our little Centre before setting out on pilgrimage
- Creating an environment where right relationship with self, others, the cosmos and God is nurtured
- Providing opportunities for people to deepen their spirituality with reflection, prayer, ritual, spiritual accompanying, education and culture.